Friday, June 21, 2013

Go Skateboarding Day

   Today is the International Skateboarding Day or Go Skateboarding Day, an annual holiday conceived by the International Association of Skateboard Companies, to promote skateboarding, thank you Wikipedia ;) 

   Since I first start writing this blog, I learn so many things, in order to share with you quality information, and this "Go Skateboarding Day" in such a thing. One week had passed and I'm enjoying so much to write SurfLocus...

   I don't have so much time to blog today, but I felt that was really important to share this date with you. Skateboarding is a lot of fun and for me it was very important because it "push" me to Surf. Nowadays I'm still skating, but I don't put so much effort on that, as Surfing is my great passion. Nonetheless, I really enjoy to skate from time to time, when the ocean is "flat" ;) 

  Let me show you some YouTube videos about surfing. The first is a skate freestyle of the Dew Tour 2012, the second is about a skate Legend, Rodney Mullen that created a lot of skate tricks, the last is a Red Bull Skating Movie.







    Skating can be a great way to improve your surfing skills, let me show you this video:


   There is a great movie, with both connections with Surf and Skate that you should watch, Lords of Dogtown.

  Unfortunately, I don't have much time to share with you more, but I will certainly cover skating again in SurfLocus. I leave you with a couple skateboarding photos. Have Fun!!

Tony Hawk, skate Legend. Photo taken from www.therichest.org
Ryan Sheckler, one of the best street skaters in the world. Photo taken from etnies.com


Just a kid, making is first step in skate world. Photo taken from en.wikipedia.org

Surf Locus Facebook Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

www.HyperSmash.com