Monday, July 15, 2013

Jordy Smith, one of the best surfers in the World!

  Hi, today I want to show you one of my favorite surfers, the South-African Jordy Smith. I believe Jordy is one of the most skilled surfers in the ASP World Championship and you will plainly see why when I show you some of his videos.
Jordy Smith. Photo taken from www.redbull.pt
   Jordy Smith has been competing in the "Dream Tour" since 2008, having won the WQS (World Qualifying Series) at 2007 (at the age of 19). He started slowly at the ASP World Tour, finishing at 28th in the ranking by the end of the year, but then start to recover and had almost won the ASP World Tour Title at 2010, finishing in 2nd place behind the Legend Kelly Slater.

  Jordy is known for a balanced surfing, with his HUGE and CRAZY airs, as well as his high Power surfing skills. 

  Let me first show you a YouTube video of Jordy Smith where he pulls a massive Rodeo Flip air:


  Since Jordy Smith first started to surf in the Elite Tour, he won two times the Billabong Pro Jeffreys Bay, South Africa (2010 and 2011) and the Billabong Rio Pro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2013).

  At 25 years old, I believe Jordy Smith has a World Title to win ;) Let me show you the proof next. This is a Surf Movie by Jordy Smith, named "Bending Colors":


  Here are some photos of Jordy Smith:
Photo taken from www.surfermag.com
Jordy Smith HUGE air. Photo taken from articsurf.wordpress.com
Photo taken from 5ones.com
Jordy Smith at Jeffreys Bay 2011. Photo taken from surf.transworld.net
Photo taken from www.redbullusa.com
  I hope you liked this post about Jordy Smith. If you do, please "Like" my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/surflocus. Have Fun!!

Surf Locus Facebook Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

www.HyperSmash.com